The grounds of Nukari school contain two separate wooden buildings. The older one was built in 1906, with an extension dating from 1925. The newer building is from 1959. In connection with the latest major repairs in 1990, a new gym was built next to the main building. The new spatial arrangements aim at improving the functionality of the school. The more public and open functions have been gathered around the gym, whereas the more private functions have been placed in the oldest parts of the complex. The present project has created a new pallet of colours, lighter than before to create more spaciousness, openness and warmth. Remains from old repairs have been removed from the original old structure which has been cleaned in order to rekindle some of the original spirit of the building.